Remote learning has thrown a curveball into the education system. Everything is changing and evolving. Teachers are having to adapt the way they communicate with and teach their students and administrators are having to adapt the way they make sure that their school is running smoothly and safely.
Having the appropriate tools to keep your students safe during remote learning is extremely important. One of the tools that can help you accomplish this is a student safety web filter.
What is a Student Safety Web Filter?
Student safety web filters are filters that allow you to block harmful content from your students’ devices.
Vision’s web filter tool, Vision Student Safety is the new reliable and affordable content filtering tool designed for Chromebooks. Vision Student Safety:
- Is CIPA Compliant – Providing worry-free protection against offensive online content.
- Provides Remote Protection – Your distance or remote learning programs are safe and secure.
- Is Simple to Set Up – Any admin on your google account can set up Vision student safety in minutes.
- Is Cloud-Based – There are no up-front costs for hardware. It proves more flexibility and scalability.
- Provides Browsing Activity (Available Fall 2020) – See websites students visited during class sessions.
- Provides Contextual Analysis (Available Early 2021) – This is AI-powered, with real-time protection.
Why are Web Filters Important?
Student safety web filters help you keep your students safe by making sure that the content your students are viewing during class time is appropriate. They let schools block a variety of harmful content on their students’ school-provided devices.
When you are in the remote learning environment, it is hard to see what your students are doing on their devices unless you have classroom management software. Web filters give you the peace of mind that your students are not viewing harmful content during class time.
When you pair web filters with classroom management software, you can make sure your students are both on track and are not viewing harmful content online.