Features & FAQs
If you have trouble finding answers to your questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Simply sign up by clicking on the trial button. No credit card is required. You will have access to the Netop Remote Control Portal and the ability to create up to four additional user accounts. You will also be able to download the Netop Remote Control Host – to install on target computers and devices – and the Netop Remote Control Guest – the desktop app for users who want full-featured remote control. We will check in with you to make sure you have the components you need to have a great trial.
What do I need to get started on a trial?
You will need to create a Portal account and download a Netop Remote Control Host on the computers and devices to which you wish to have remote access. You will also want to download and install the Netop Remote Control Guest – the desktop version – for full-featured remote control. You will be able to create up to four additional user accounts in the Portal.
If you have created a trial Netop Portal account and want to fully activate your account, click here.
- Remote support of laptops, workstations, servers, POS devices, embedded systems, and mobile devices
- Broad platform support, including Windows, Mac and Linux
- Fast screen transfer and full keyboard and mouse control
- A single support interface for both attended and unattended systems
- Help request notification
- Remotely monitor machines and devices
- Communicate with end users through chat
- Send and retrieve clipboard content
- Transfer files with two-way drag-and-drop, delta transfer and crash recovery
- Conduct collaborative remote control sessions with colleagues
- Use marker mode to create screen annotations
- Execute common Windows functions
- Lock the end user's keyboard and mouse
- Restrict applications and close displays for privacy
- Customize and share hotkeys
- Share screens with customers
- Notify end users of restart, log-off, lock and shutdown
- Redirect application ports through a secure tunnel to maintain compliance when managing GUI-less systems
- Manage system BIOS on computers with no active OS using Intel vPro support
- Manage system services, registry, processes and event logs
- Diagnose problems through a remote command prompt window
- Gather detailed information about hardware and software assets
- Store remote connections in a customized hierarchy
- Define a list of common applications, documents and web resources to be launched remotely
- Send messages to one or more users
- Create and save snapshots of the remote machine
- Automate programs and tasks
- Restrict a remote-control session to one or more applications installed on the remote device with an application white-list
Netop Remote Control offers broad platform support so you can have a single solution to manage access to the widest array of end-user machines and embedded technology possible. Supported platforms include:
- Windows - Netop supports current and legacy versions of Windows and Windows Server. Click here to see the complete list of supported Windows versions.
- Linux - Netop supports a broad array of Linux servers and devices - including embedded and unattended systems. Click here to see the complete list of supported Linux versions.
- Mac - Netop Remote Control gives you the tools you need to support Mac users and BYOD initiatives. Click here to see the full list of Mac versions supported by Netop.
- Android - Netop Remote Control supports a wide array of Android devices, tablets and phones and is optimized for use with Samsung devices. Click here to see the complete list of Android versions and devices supported.
- Windows Mobile - In addition to Windows 10 mobile devices, Netop supports legacy devices running Windows Mobile. Click here to read the details of Netop's Windows Mobile support.
- Windows Embedded - Netop offers the best support of legacy and embedded platforms, including devices running Windows Embedded. Click here to see the full list of supported versions of Windows Embedded.
- Toshiba 4690 - Netop offers the only complete remote control authorized by Toshiba for use with 4690 retail point-of-sale systems. Click here for the technical specifics of Netop Remote Control for Toshiba 4690.
For more information on our cross-platform support and the benefits of consolidating your remote access tools, click here.
The Netop Remote Control Portal is a central hub for managing network access and providing remote access to networked devices. The Portal includes Netop's browser-based support console for lightweight, go-anywhere remote access and fast collaboration. Essentially, the Portal provides a new, web-based option for using Netop Remote Control. Access to the Portal is included during trials of Netop Remote Control and with the purchase of a Netop Remote Control license.
Absolutely. Netop OnDemand gives you short-term remote access to end users who don't have a Netop Remote Control host client installed on their machine.
End users download a small, self-executing program, which establishes a secure connection without needing to reconfigure firewalls. This initiates an individual, temporary web-based remote access session. Within seconds, a technician can access the device and see a real-time display of the user’s desktop. When the session ends, it ends. Netop OnDemand doesn’t leave a footprint; it deletes from the end user’s computer.
Our customers have extremely high security requirements. Netop Remote Control exceeds industry standards with: 256-bit AES encryption, centralized multi-factor authentication, integration with Directory Services, and complete logging with customizable audit trails and full session recordings. Netop also gives you granular control over all user permissions, closed user group license keys and lets you create access parameters for specific end users or devices.
As a software vendor to financial institutions, healthcare providers, retailers, manufacturers and government entities, Netop is committed to providing solutions that enable compliance with a variety of regulations.
GDPR – Review Netop’s GDPR Compliance Checklist to learn how Netop Remote Control can help your organization comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
HIPAA – Netop is not a covered entity under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. However, as a software and services vendor to Covered Entities, Netop Remote Control provides features and capabilities that support compliance with HIPAA regulations. Review Netop’s HIPAA Checklist to learn how Netop Remote Control supports compliance with HIPAA.
PCI – Netop Remote Control can be used as one part of a larger process to achieve compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements but does not guarantee PCI compliance in and of itself. Netop is not a payment processor and Netop Remote Control is not a payment solution, but Netop Remote Control can be used to support compliance efforts. The PCI Security Standards Council does not provide a mechanism to certify software tools like Netop Remote Control. Considering Netop Remote Control corresponds with and simplifies the greater compliance efforts of an organization, businesses should not ask “is Netop Remote Control PCI Compliant?” but rather “how does Netop Remote Control support my organizations PCI compliance?” Review our PCI Checklist to learn how Netop supports compliance with PCI.
Use of Netop Remote Control does not guarantee compliance with industry or government regulations, but it’s a good place to start. Learn more about using Netop Remote Control to comply with privacy and security regulations here.
To learn about Netop’s commitment to data privacy and security, review our Data Policies.
Our Professional Services team helps customers improve efficiency, reduce risk and save implementation time for a quicker return on investment. Our expert consultants are with you every step of the way - either on-site or remotely - to ensure a smooth rollout of your Netop solution with minimal impact on your operations.