Achieve PCI Compliance
PCI-compliant remote access is about keeping your customers' credit card data safe. It's a family of standards every merchant must follow, from a sidewalk boutique to a multinational enterprise. The basic checklist includes six points:
- Protect and encrypt cardholder data during storage and transmission
- Assign a unique ID to each user and restrict access to “need to know”
- Track and monitor all access to your network and data
- Secure your network with a firewall and strong passwords
- Manage your vulnerability with secure systems and updated anti-virus software
- Maintain an IT security policy that meets your needs
In other words, PCI is the ongoing effort to achieve best-practice business security for yourself and your customers. In the effort to become PCI-compliant, remote access is one of the most important keys.
Cardholder Security in Remote Support
Netop Remote Control provides the tools you need to achieve PCI-compliant remote access for the long haul, no matter how technology develops or your needs evolve.
Bulletproof data encryption Protect your data with key lengths up to 256 bits, and conform to best-practice standards (AES, HMAC and SHA) for data transmission, integrity verification and key exchange.
Two-factor authentication Assign each user a unique ID, render passwords unreadable during transmission and storage, and authenticate identity two to three times before login success.
Granular access rights Define security roles for hundreds to thousands of vendors, so every last consultant you hire has exactly the privileges they need – no more, no less.
Comprehensive audit trail Record who did what, when, on which system, every time, so you can answer any question you're asked and put out fires immediately.